#ruffletuesdayfashion

Search This Blog

Labels

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer is here!






First day of track out was a fabulous day spent with the hubby. We ran errands in the morning and attended a commissioning ceremony for the Marines for one of Jorge's classmates.





 Necklace: Groopdealz
Pants: Bass Outlet (old)
Shoes: Jack Rogers

*I found this super cute brand at the Junior League Shopping Spree and since then I have ordered several things from her. She is going to start offering dresses with ruffles and I can't wait! You can also find her on Facebook.

In the afternoon we headed to the mall. We did a little shopping, got a massage and then went to see The Great Gatsby. It was every bit as fabulous as I had hoped. I would have loved to have lived in such a fabulous time as the 1920's. Flapper dresses, head pieces, men in 3 piece suits with canes and hats...I die!
 I already loved these two but this movie made me love them even more! Leo is a class act and Carey Mulligan is flawless, as always!

A few weeks ago we saw signs at Brooks Brothers about how their archives inspired the costumes for the movie. As if I didn't already love Brooks Brothers for outfitting 39 of the 44 American Presidents. Including my favorite, Lincoln. In fact, the jacket he was assassinated in was a Brooks Brothers custom piece that had hand stitched on the lining One Country, One Destiny. I mean really? See why he is my favorite? But I digress, the costume designer looked through the Brooks Brothers archives to get ideas for the film. And in my book makes them that much classier. Swoon.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...